Do you have a dairy intolerance and are looking for a delicious dairy-free recipe to enjoy this evening? Well, take a look at these Dairy-Free White Chocolate Raspberry Ice-Cream bars, a delicious recipe devised by Alisa Fleming.
These easy-to-make, dairy-free ice cream bars are a real treat. They don’t contain gluten or any of the other big eight allergens, making them the perfect allergy-friendly frozen dessert! This recipe contains cocoa butter which can put some people off, but it is still dairy-free! It’s creamy base of white chocolate, cocoa butter is also delicious!
But why is cocoa butter so important in this recipe? Well, it’s thickening, making it more like ice cream, but it also adds flavour. Obviously, those with a cocoa intolerance or allergy should avoid this ingredient, but other than that, you’re in for a treat. If you are not sure what ingredients you should be consuming, then take a look at our home-to-lab intolerance and allergy tests to help you out there.
If you are struggling to track down cocoa butter in the supermarket, then there is another option. You can also follow this option if you are reluctant to add cocoa to your dairy-free treat. When following the recipe below, simply add an additional 1/2 cup of oil/butter and leave the cocoa butter out.
Depending on your intolerances and allergies, you may be reluctant to add kinds of milk, even though they are labelled as dairy-free. Allergic Living author Alisa Fleming uses Pea Milk Beverage, believing this is the best choice. However, some people may be allergic to peas, meaning allergy-friendly milk beverages will work.
- 700ml of lukewarm unsweetened pea milk beverages
- 6-8 tbsp of sugar
- 85g of cocoa-butter
- 1 tbsp of pure vanilla flavouring
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 of tbsp xanthan gum
- 250g raspberries (or strawberries)
- 55g dairy-free, buttery spread
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 170g gluten-free cracker crumbs.
Method for your dairy-free ice cream bars
- Add your chosen milk beverage choice alongside the 3/4 cup of sugar, cocoa butter, oil, vanilla and salt in a blender.
- Mix it all together for about 2 minutes, add the gum and blend for one minute. Then, leave it to be refrigerated overnight.
- Put raspberries or strawberries, and the remaining 6-8 tablespoons of sugar and add this to the blender. Essentially, we are pureeing everything until all the raspberry seeds are left behind.
- Then, once everything is pureed in, you can bring the sauce to boil. Cook and whisk consistently, for around a period of 5 minutes until it becomes a thick syrup consistency. Pour the sauce into a container, cover and refrigerate and get ready to use.
- Find a medium bowl, whisk it together with a buttery spread and honey until becomes it smooth. Sprinkle the crumbs and stir with a fork until the crumbly dough is formed. This is the best way of ensuring you get maximum flavour, and can enjoy your meal.
- Then, get a baking tray and lay it with parchment paper, ensuring you will catch any grease that slips of the food.
- Freeze until it is ready to use. Blending the cold ice cream mixture is the next step.
- On top of the crust, you should spread the ice cream mixture and swirl it in. Freeze until it becomes solid, this can take up to 3 hours.
- Then it’s ready, and can serve up to 9 people, but you might prefer saving this delicious treat all for yourself!
Here at Test Your Intolerance, we love to try out a huge range of products to give you our recommendations, and the range from Mama Mio is just fabulous! Full of lotions and potions that can help you balance out your skin, and ensure it’s recovering after food sensitivity reactions. We have put together our top 3 products following regular skin breakouts.
#1 The A Cream
The A Cream restores elasticity and firmness whilst fortifying dry skin for long-term strength and resilience, perfect if you’ve struggled with skin breakouts from allergies and intolerances. Plus it smells amazing and gives skin a gorgeous rich glow.
#2 Goodbye Stretch Marks
For something a bit different, you can reduce the appearance, colour and texture of stretch marks or extensive skin irritations with the powerful minimising cream,Goodbye Stretch Marks.
Uniquely formulated with highly effective peptides, fruit enzymes and nourishing oils to help minimise the appearance of stretch marks caused by pregnancy and weight fluctuations.
#3 Workout Wonder
If you feel your skin needs a full work out, Workout Wonder is ideal when you need a rapid blast of revitalisation.
It boosts you into action, so you get the best from your workout and then helps you recover by infusing your skin with its incredible uplifting cocktail of herbs and extracts.