Preparing for your big day? Run out of ideas for what to serve your guests? Look no further than this Italian wedding soup. If you’ve got friends coming from all over the country, or have Italian ancestry then all you need is this! Not only is it tasty, but it will make sure no one leaves the wedding feeling unwell with intolerance symptoms, including a bloated stomach! What else is there to love?
Ingredients for Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 stick of celery, finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of dried parsley
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- 25g of cooked rice
- 50g of spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 sundried tomatoes, finely diced
The method in the Madness
- Place the onion and garlic in a pan and cook until soft.
- Add the carrot, celery, basil, oregano, parsley, vegetable stock, lemon juice, and rice.
- Stir well, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and spinach, allow to wilt and serve.
Remember, all of these ingredients are healthy and friendly for a person looking to stay in tip-top shape at the wedding. Take the stress away from your wedding by identifying exactly what dishes you can serve without causing distress to anyone else. If your guests do have any allergies or intolerances, then they should let you know immediately, as no one wants to experience a bloated stomach at such a big event like a wedding, when you ALWAYS want to look your best.
Avoid a Bloated Stomach
Nobody likes a bloated stomach and suffering from other intolerance symptoms, especially on such a big day! There are no ingredients in Italian Wedding Soup which are considered to be common food allergens but this does not mean that there will not be any people with food allergies! Make sure all your guests let you know if they have an allergy or a food intolerance before they tuck into this delicious soup or any other healthy recipe! If you are a guest attending a big event and you know that this recipe is on the menu, you can order an intolerance test to check that you don’t have a food intolerance to any of the items.
For more information on getting rid of your bloated stomach and finding out how a food intolerance causes it, you can log on to www.testyourintolerance.com.