Looking for a balanced and healthy salad complete with greens, grains and protein? Look no further. This salad is balanced with healthy carbs, fats, fibre and even some protein to round it off.
- 100g brown rice
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tbsp whole almonds
- 1 tbsp pistachio kernels, chopped
- 3 zucchinis
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 100g mung bean sprouts or mixed sprouts
- 60ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 15g cup mint leaves
- Cook the rice following the instructions on the packet until just tender, then drain and cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Toast the sunflower seeds, almonds, pepitas, and pistachios over medium heat in a dry frypan for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and lightly toasted. Then add to the bowl of cooled rice.
- Coarsely grate 2 zucchinis and gently squeeze them to remove any excess water. Thinly slice the remaining zucchini and add both to the rice mixture with spring onion and sprouts.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice and honey together, then season. Add to the salad with the avocado and half the mint, then gently toss the mixture to combine it all. Serve scattered with remaining mint.
We’ve hit the shops, so you don’t have to and found the most delicious things to transform your salad’s into a well-balanced treat rather than a boring chore.
So you’ve made a salad, and you’re just looking for that extra taste sensation, then check out Hellman’s Fat-Free Vinaigrette from Iceland. Crafted using a combination of herbs, garlic and red peppers, it’s got no artificial flavours, preservatives or colours and is suitable for Vegans. Delicious!
We’ve been trying salads from shops all over the UK to find the perfect balance of leafy vegetables, grains and protein, and we think that Waitrose Egg, Avocado & Grains is the perfect mix. Not only is it delicious, but it has a tasty crème fraîche dressing too to help it go down.
Now that you’re changing your diet; it’s the perfect time to add in some more salads. We love this Pinch of Nom book available from Amazon. This cookbook can help novice and experienced home-cooks enjoy exciting, flavourful and satisfying meals. All of these recipes are compatible with the principles of the UK’s most popular diet programmes and can be interchanged to follow your elimination diet.
There are 100 incredible recipes in the book, 33 of which are vegetarian. All the recipes are labelled with helpful icons to guide you towards the ones that suit you best – whether you’re looking for something veggie, fancy a ‘fakeaway’, want to feed a family of four or have limited time to spare.