Part of any elimination diet with the aim of obtaining a healthier lifestyle will be to try out different recipes. Many nutritional therapists recommend this recipe mainly because contains healthy fats, a moderate serving of carbs and plenty of protein. It’s also tasty and easy to make. Many people may feel unhealthy or develop a food intolerance because they cannot be bothered to cook properly or simply do not have the time. This is why a mastering a few simple dishes, made quickly and efficiently, can do wonders for your diet.
Prawn and Rocket Spaghetti Ingredients
- 450g dried spaghetti
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin Olive Oil (to taste)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 dried red chillies (chilli flakes could be alternative)
- 400g of raw prawns
- 1 small glass white wine
- 2 heaped tbsp sun-dried tomato puree
- Lemon zest
- 2 handfuls chopped lettuce
- 1 handful of rocket leaves
How to make your meal
- First add your spaghetti to boiling water.
- Whilst it is cooking, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Next, add the garlic, and chilli. When the garlic begins to colour, add prawns and then leave them for a minute.
- Cook the prawns through and remember to stir as you go so nothing burns.
- Now it’s time to add the white wine and puree.
- Once its all mixed in, you can also throw in a little lemon zest, along with your lettuce and rocket.
- Drain the pasta, add to the frying pan and toss the spaghetti around to ensure it gets mixed in with the sauce.
- Serve in a pasta bowl, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you’re feeling especially hungry, you can warm up your favourite type of bread to go with your pasta – we recommend a garlic ciabatta.
What’s it like to have a seafood intolerance?
Living with an intolerance to seafood can be tough, but there are usually ways to manage it. Unlike an allergy, it is possible that your food intolerance could disappear after a period of up to six weeks. If you have ordered an intolerance test then you will experience the benefits of our 30 day aftercare programme, which includes a whole section on seafood intolerances.
We know that boosting your health is one of your top priorities, but sometimes we don’t have time to make fresh, tasty food, full of a huge range of ingredients, so we’re off to Healthspan again to give our top three products that could make an immediate improvement on your health.
Firstly, to increase your positive fatty acid levels, you should try CLA Refine from Healthspan. CLA stands for conjugated linolenic acid, which is extracted from the seeds of the safflower – a bright orange, spiky plant that’s been used for various purposes for centuries and was even found in the tomb of the Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamun. Made in the UK, these easy to swallow pills saw a positive improvement on the team after just a few days.
To give yourself an immediate boost of the goodness of green veggies, packed into one tablespoon of powder that makes a tasty lime flavoured drink.
While most of us know we should be eating at least five daily portions of different fruit and vegetables, the Performance Greens contains 14 extracts which have been carefully chosen because they are alkaline-forming rather than acidic forming food. Some experts believe that alkaline diets can be beneficial for the balance of bacteria in the gut, which is thought to be closely linked to immune health and overall wellbeing.
And now for something completely different… Ubiquinol is one of the best kept health secrets in nutrition, so it’s no wonder that it is recommended by so many nutritionists! The Test Your Intolerance Team love it too.
They’ve combined highly absorbable Ubiquinol and the right amount of vitamin B1 into a vegan capsule to support your heart health and energy metabolism. What’s more, just one capsule daily provides 100mg of ubiquinol, equivalent to 280mg of efficiently converted CoQ10.
Head over to the Healthspan store now, and get £3 off when you spend £15 with code ‘AFFHS315‘